Wednesday, January 24, 2018

"The Greatest Showman" and "Hostiles"

With Joe the Plumber tonight, saw a movie (The Greatest Showman) and half a movie (Hostiles).

I notice the girls at DMTC are studying the Greatest Showman soundtrack - very popular with the musical theater crowd. Liked it!

Even though a lot of Hostiles was filmed in New Mexico, I still found it hard to like it much. I noticed they referred to the rainy season as "the monsoons," even though that usage has been popular probably no more than fifty years, or so. At least Jesse Plemons seemed like a decent character here, for once.

Nevertheless, this evening's micro-adventures centered on Step One Health and Fitness Studio. I found myself pressed into service as a tour guide, explaining the various technical features of the Step-One men's bathroom to a curious boy, age about three, who was playing hide-and-seek from his mother (but who was still in voice contact). The three toilet stalls, all different sizes, as if provided by Goldilocks for the Three Bears, was the biggest hit.

I left Step One, but had to return when I discovered I was missing my iPhone, which I eventually found in good working order, stuck in the mud in a gutter on 19th Street, where I had parked earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment