Friday, December 22, 2017

If I Were Homeless in Sacramento


I’m a bit puzzled by the ways of the homeless this winter in my Sacramento neighborhood. Once again, we are in extreme drought mode, with warm, dry weather. There should be lots of homeless nearby, yet I think there are fewer than last year. I don’t know why.

Joe the homeless Plumber sleeps beside the American River, not too far from Costco, and gets his meals at Loaves and Fishes, so maybe that’s where they are all at this year. Joe says it’s cold there right by the water, and he snuggles next to his pit bull puppy for warmth.

If I was homeless in Sacramento, I think I’d prefer sleeping under the W-X freeway, where there’s illumination all night long and the cover overhead provides rain protection and keeps it from getting too cold. Echoes nice for singing too.



No comments:

Post a Comment