Saturday, April 15, 2017

The Honest Oligarch

Congressman Mullin simply revealed what members of Congress have been thinking for a long time, that they DO NOT represent their constituents, particularly if they are rich already. One appeal of self-funding candidates was they'd be able to resist lobbyists, but they can resist others too, including you. Call Mullin an honest oligarch:
(CNN) An Oklahoma congressman is facing scrutiny after a video posted Monday showed him telling constituents at a town hall that they do not pay his salary.

"You say you pay for me to do this? That's bull crap. I pay for myself," Rep. Markwayne Mullin told constituents at a town hall in Jay, Oklahoma. I paid enough taxes before I got here and continue to through my company to pay my own salary. This is a service. No one here pays me to go."

"Pays you to go where?" a constituent objected.

"This is a service for me, not a career, and I thank God this is not how I make my living," Mullin responded.

"Oh please, then don't run," a constituent said.

No comments:

Post a Comment