Wednesday, June 01, 2016

Memory From The Eighties

Here is a nice picture from my first ballet recital: Annette Paul (Madam) and Marc Valdez (Gambler) in a Gay-90's-themed Act I of "Round and Round", a recital presented by Tucson School of Ballet (Tucson Community Ballet; now Tucson Regional Ballet) at Rincon High School on May 19, 1985.

That first recital was a revelation. Because of the lights, I couldn't see the audience, but I could hear them in the darkness, breathing.....

Tucson Regional Ballet has gone on to great success over the years, but because I attended when the school was fairly new, and small, I'm a kind of living fossil, a grizzled pioneer of the old days. In September, 2012, the school created a history wall - a kind of museum - and they put me there too.
Also, a picture from 1986 auditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment