Tuesday, October 06, 2015

Home Repair Kind of Several Weeks

Home repair kind of weekend, working with paint and lumber, in the company of Joe the Plumber.

On Thursday, working at home with Joe the Plumber again. Lots of talk about Grey Aliens and mobile crematoria. The meth is strong....

This home repair project with Joe the Plumber was first about painting, but it's taken a life of its own, and it's still unfinished. The side of the front porch is still open. Thankfully, this is California in its worst drought ever, and the chances of rain are so remote as to be nil. Wait a minute, what's all that thunder?


Second home repair kind of weekend, working with paint and lumber, in the company of Joe the Plumber.

As part of replacing the shingles/ siding on the front of the house, we uncovered rot under a pillar that holds up the canopy over the front door. I didn't like Joe the Plumber's answers about how to keep the pillar from toppling. Soon, we were pointing fingers at each other talking about respect. So, I fired him.

Regarding the pillar, all I wanted was some reassurance that it wouldn't rotate as the rotten support was pulled out. He mocked my concern. Odds are, it probably won't rotate: the support is so bad that if it was going to do so, it would have already done so, and there is other support there. But you answer my question and take precautions; I will not tolerate insults.

For the instant, I still have Bella. Joe tried to seize a saw belonging to someone else as hostage until I paid him fully, but I talked him out of it. The side of the porch is still open, so I'll try and close it. And I'll call a licensed contractor instead in regards to the pillar.


Need to hire a general contractor....

No comments:

Post a Comment