Monday, December 02, 2013

Röyksopp – Sparks (Murk Downtown Miami Mix)

I've been in a 2003 House music mode for a few days. I've been trying to post a YouTube video of Röyksopp's "Sparks (Murk Downtown Miami Mix)" on my blog, but apparently doing so would run afoul of copyright restrictions of some sort. Bummer. So, instead, I watch the clever original video, and listen to the superior Murk Remix on Spotify.




I've written before how UK House reached some sort of pinnacle in 2003. I like the advertising associated with the Ministry of Sound compilation for that summer, which I still think is the Best. Dance. Music. Compilation. EVER!) One of my fondest memories of the 2003 California Gubernatorial Recall Election campaign was driving down Hollywood's Sunset Boulevard with these then-brand-new tunes booming from the rent-a-car's speakers.


No comments:

Post a Comment