Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Agonizing Lost Weekend

Lost in a strange mental place this weekend.

The weekend seemed promising enough. Lots of sweeping and mowing on Saturday. Spent several hours Sunday lounging in a jacuzzi at California Fitness, followed by dinner with Steve and Jan and friends to celebrate their 39th wedding anniversary at Old Spaghetti Factory.

But I've also been working on my Recall 2003 book manuscript too. With such a big block of free time, I saw the potential to get some progress there. And I did. I more-or-less completed a third draft, including the balky index.

But it wasn't fun.

I've always thought sleep was kind of a waste of time, and suddenly I had unparalleled insomnia. I skipped all potential social encounters and got very little sleep. On Monday especially, from morning till night, and through night, I kept going, and going, and going. I'd rest sometimes, but kept going, even if I wasn't thinking quite coherently.

Frankly, I think I'm afraid to sleep. The teeth-grinding at night is out of control. I've been experimenting with cloth to keep the grinding from occurring (even used old but clean briefs), since they have the merit of being almost impossible to inhale accidentally, but the oddity of it also served to keep me awake.

So, I'm exhausted today, but the third draft of the manuscript looks good. Now the difficult step: uploading the third draft to Amazon and dealing with the oddities of their self-publishing software. Because everything will change. Of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment