Friday, March 15, 2013

Breaking Bad Filming At The Grove Restaurant, March 11, 2013

"The Grove" Restaurant.  Filming for second-to-the-last episode of Breaking Bad".  March 11, 2013.  About 75 crew and cast members were swarming over this building. I came down to observe, because it was the only time that I've ever been in Albuquerque while they were filming Breaking Bad.

Suddenly, someone just arrogantly drove into the parking lot while they were filming inside.  The security guard (Jamie Mason) got excited and started peering more closely at the intruder.  Who was this intruder?  It was Bryan Cranston, dropping off a bag on his day off!



Bryan Cranston, with Marc Valdez. Instead of putting my arm around him for the photo, I insisted on shaking his hand.  "Oh, like we're opening a restaurant together," he said.


Bryan Cranston autographed my list of Breaking Bad locations. I had pulled my pen from the back of my sister's kitchen drawer that morning, and it failed mid-signature. "This is a crap pen," Cranston stated.


Bryan Cranston, with Sam Martinez and Jenica. Both Sam and and Jenica were very kind to me. At some point, I lost my bottle of water. Standing in the direct, warm sun for about five hours, this loss was very inconvenient. Not only did they buy me a new bottle of water, but they gave me a pen to replace the crap pen I had. (I also got a second pen from other fans present). Sam and Jenica (and their friend Desiree) are just the best!


Bryan Cranston with Milissa Ross Greenberg, fellow member of the "Unofficial Breaking Bad Fan Tour" Facebook group.


Bryan Cranston, with fan.


Bryan Cranston, with owner of Mexicanismo Restaurant.


Jesse Plemons (Todd).


Jesse Plemons (Todd) with Marc Valdez. I told him, "We have something in common - we both like large spiders." It took him about five seconds to turn towards me with a quizzical look and softly say "r-i-g-h-t!"


Laura Fraser (Lydia Rodarte-Quayle).


Laura Fraser (Lydia Rodarte-Quayle), with Marc Valdez. Laura was very friendly. I told her: "You know, Walt can be outwitted." She stood upright for a second with what appeared to be surprise, and then she let go of a deep, dark laugh.


Bryan Cranston, with fan.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Marc !
    How wonderful that you got to be there for the filming and meet so many of the people associated with the show. What an absolute treat / dream come true !
    Haven't been here to your site in a while & actually came today to give you a link to a short article from the San Francisco Chronicle about tourism devoted to "Breaking Bad" in Albuquerque. You may have already seen it as it is an Associated Press article, but if not...enjoy:
    http://www.sfgate.com/default/article/Breaking-Bad-tourism-good-for-Albuquerque-4359210.php

    Hope that life is treating you well.
    Wedigo Watson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Wedigo!

      It's strange to think of people traveling from overseas spending their precious time and money locating Albuquerque industrial laundries, but it's also delightful!

      Yes, it was a treat the BrBa folks! Nice people!

      Delete