Wednesday, December 19, 2012

At Sunrise Mall With E.

Food Court at Sunrise Mall, Citrus Heights, CA.

Ah yes, the simple pleasures of the consumer society!  A Heisenberg T-Shirt! (Christmas shopping at Hot Topic, Sunrise Mall, Citrus Heights, CA.)



(An interminable hour, trying to force a decision. Finally, E. takes several dresses into the fitting rooms at J.C. Penney's, in Sunrise Mall. E. emerges, to throw a pile of brand-new dresses on the floor and take a kick at them.)

E.: I HATE THIS! I HATE IT! It is so hot in there, and I was sweating and the dress was sticking on me and there was no one around to help. It makes me so mad! IT MAKES ME SO MAD! I hate; I HATE trying on clothes in the store!

M.: But you know exactly what will happen. If you buy a dress and take it home before trying it on, it won't fit, and you'll just have to return to try on another. I'm tired of playing that game. If you want me to buy a Christmas dress for you, you have to try it on in the store.

E.: (gesturing with her foot) Those two fit; those two don't.

M.: Good! Let's go to the Food Court!

No comments:

Post a Comment