Friday, May 11, 2012

Liking The Visuals In Calvin Harris' "Feel So Close"



What really caught my eye was the ballerina in the desert town. Evokes my own life, in some ways, and I'm sure the lives of many others!

Then, the landscape. Where is this place? The town looks like Oatman, AZ. The landscape looks like Albuquerque, or Reno. But then, it looks more Great Basin-ish than any of these places.

According to Wikipedia, it was filmed in Kern County, California. So, does that make CVHS Central Valley High School in Shafter, CA? But most of this isn't the Central Valley at all. That desert town is SO Great Basin-ish! China Lake-ish! But the suburban homes looks ALMOST like Rosamond. Hmmmm.....

The truck stop scenes (Reyes Polish) are in good ol' Kramer Junction! But that's not in Kern County! Wikipedia's got some suspect info here!

You see, that's what happens when you spend too much time hunting down Breaking Bad sites! It's never enough to just watch something on TV anymore.

And I'm not even sure I like the song either. Though I probably do by now!

[UPDATE: I updated the Wikipedia article with the location information.]

No comments:

Post a Comment