Thursday, December 29, 2011

Day Two

Parts of the day were spent gathering photos from old BB locations as well as new ones.

In the morning, I went out to Rio Rancho and photographed several sites.

Then it was off to Cabezon Road south of San Ysidro. Washboard dirt road slowed me down. Didn't explore too much because of the possibility of bogging down in muddy ruts, and also because I could hear the booming of target practice further on down the road.

I returned to the vicinity of the Hyatt Tamaya resort. I wanted to travel down a dirt road adjacent to the resort to visit the BB volcano cliffs/power line cook site from Season 2, but ultimately I chickened out. I was being watched and there was the possibility of two security forces (resort and Pueblo of Santa Ana security). Or maybe it was just paranoia. In any event, I retreated and ate lunch at the Bernalillo LotaBurger.

Then, an afternoon winding through the NE Heights, down to Central and I-25, and back to Golden Corral on San Mateo for dinner. I discovered one BB site by accident. The house adjacent to where Jesse and Jane discuss Georgia O'Keefe in the car is right around the corner from Gus' house. After photographing Gus' house, I turned the corner, and it was like - whoa! I recognize that house!

Tomorrow, we have a big family dinner planned at Sadie's. We'll have big party going to a popular restaurant on one of the biggest dining days of the year. I anticipate delays.

No comments:

Post a Comment