Monday, October 03, 2011

"Thank You!" From The State Of California

On Saturday, I was sweeping the leaves from the parking lot behind my house. I do that periodically, even though it's the DMV parking lot, belonging to the State of California, and not my parking lot at all.

I tend to view the tree as mine, since it hangs over a portion of my yard. I keep after it for its leaf-dropping tendencies, but I suppose it's a complicated matter, since it also hangs over the neighbor's yard, as well as the DMV parking lot. The tree trunk is rooted just behind my fence, so I suppose it's an even more complicated matter, since it is rooted in the right of way of the alley and the sewage line, so it may technically belong to the City of Sacramento. In any event, for leaf-sweeping purposes, I treat the tree as mine.

A woman driving down the alley stopped and rolled down her window. "As a state employee, I just wanted to say 'thank you, thank you, thank you!' for what you're doing!" I replied: "Your welcome! My pleasure!"

We're neighbors, after all, and we have to watch out for each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment