Monday, August 08, 2011

Breaking Bad - Season 4, Episode 4



I am glad, with Jesse's kidnapping, that the interior focus of the drama (e.g., on the Superlab, epitomized by 'Fly') may be changing, and maybe we can get out into the light again, and get even more filming locations. I was getting a bit claustrophobic, to tell you the truth! Now, how to do this and keep Jesse alive too? That is the question!

The cafe/gas station I couldn't make out at first (I was seated too far away from the screen), but upon review it is an old favorite site location (Garcia's Cafe on West Central Ave.).

The opening scene with the refrigerated truck looked like a familiar open mesa scene near Q Studios, on Los Picaros Dr. SE. That place seems to be about (34.986424, -106.637737). Certain landmarks are visible, particularly when they open the truck doors, such as Mt. Taylor, on the horizon to the west.

Later, there was the Underpass, where Los Picaros Dr. SE passes under University Blvd. SE. The Underpass can be readily seen at (35.008233, -106.625899).

Then I got confused. I had assumed they had jumped to the West Mesa, but that appears not to be the case. The last scene appears to also be along Los Picaros Dr. SE, with the camera placed at about (35.011717, -106.619376).

Tijeras Arroyo is a strange place, and has been thoroughly-trashed by the off-road vehicle folks over the years. I can’t imagine why Mike wants to take Jesse down that road, unless he wants someone to accompany him while he watches planes land and take off at the Airport.


On my last two trips to ABQ, I got photos of the Underpass, plus perhaps other sites (Karler Meat Packing Plant, maybe even 2nd St. police substation), but I archived these photos, and discovered only too late that I couldn't dearchive them. Damned computer software! I am activating Plan B to recover these photos, but it may be a few days yet. Frustrating!

I'm thinking of reorganizing my four Breaking Bad posts in the following way in the next few weeks:

Post 1 - List
Post 2 - Seasons 1 & 2
Post 3 - Season 3
Post 4 - Season 4

The posts already naturally fall in this sequence already, and just a few changes need to be made to accomplish the reorganization.

(cross-posted on Breaking Bad Filming Locations - Part 4)

No comments:

Post a Comment