Monday, July 25, 2011

Episode 2, Season 4, of "Breaking Bad"

Episode 2

(07/25/11) Apart from the opening scene motel room (which might have been on a stage), there was only one new site in Episode 2 of Season Four, but it seems tailor-made to demonstrate how little I know about Albuquerque. The Restaurant/Bar where Mike and Walt meet is a fine example of late 19th Century New Mexico architecture, with its magnificent tin ceiling, so the location can only be in downtown Albuquerque, but I still didn't recognize it.


Doing some quick Google searches, I note that the Villa di Capo Italian Restaurant at 8th & Central, which is hosted in the Skinner building, has just such a tin ceiling, but since I've never been inside, I don't know if this is the correct site. Do they have a big bar inside, or did the Breaking Bad architects slam something together overnight?

On second thought, this site can't be right. The door is wrong. It must be some other location.

I spent a fruitless evening looking at Google images of Albuquerque bars. It would have been better to have stepped outside and visited some local Sacramento bars instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment