Sunday, February 20, 2011

Saturday Activities

Saturday started early: step aerobics and musical theater dance class.

Sally wanted me to come over to the Sacramento Buddhist Church at Riverside and X streets to see her Japanese dance group perform. I showed up late: about 2:00 p.m.

I was a bit baffled at first: instead of an open front door, there was a talkative homeless person in a sleeping bag camped in front of the building. I wondered whether the event was being held somewhere else, then realized everyone was using side doors to get to the festivities.

I caught the last two dances, as well as some of the singing afterwards (the woman in the photo at left had unusually-good diction). I'll post those dances shortly.

I'm not sure what the occasion was, but Day of Remembrance activities (in honor of the Japanese interned in WWII have been underway lately).

Afterwards, DMTC, and dinner at Golden Corral, and blogging, and writing bills, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment