Sunday, October 17, 2010

Barney The Dog Is Found

According to Steve, Barney was discovered on the other side of Mace Blvd.

Reminds me of when I used to live on 40th Street and the day Sparky got out and decided to walk his way around the neighborhood on a Saturday afternoon. He walked over and blithely crossed Folsom Blvd. He brought four lanes of traffic to a halt. He only got nervous and hastened home when concerned Good Samaritans jumped out of their cars and started chasing him on foot.

But at least Barney is home. The dog I had before Sparky - Stella - I lost her in a way similar to how Barney disappeared - the back gate was left open - and never got her back.

Sparky had the looks, but Stella had the brains. Stella was the smartest dog I ever had. One day, shortly after I got Stella, I walked into the bathroom, and she faithfully followed. I peed. Stella observed, turned around, squatted, and peed too. Smartest dog ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment