Friday, June 25, 2010

Vince Gilligan Talks About Season 4 Of "Breaking Bad"

Trying not to overthink it:
Q.: I don’t expect you to tell me what you’re planning, but do you have it worked out in your mind whether Jesse definitely killed Gale at the end of the episode?

A.: Well, it’s funny. I don’t have it worked out exactly what’s going to happen next, which is the way we’ve been doing it now for three seasons.

I’d love to say I’m being a very smart, forward-thinking chess player here, and have everything planned out months or years in advance. But I truly don’t. We kind of wing it. I don’t think it’s suddenly going to get superlight and airy. Now that we’ve come this far, there’s really no turning back. Life is definitely going to change for Jesse there.

... Q.: When do you have to start writing Season 4 of your show?

A.: This is a good question and I should be doing it right now, but honestly, until I have to show up at the office, I think of anything else but. I’m hoping we’re going to get back in the writers’ room in the first or second week of July. What I should be doing is spending maybe one hour a day now thinking – having some good stuff to come in and tell the writers when we start up in a month or two. I was the same back in high school – do everything at the last minute. It’ll probably work out that way this time

No comments:

Post a Comment