Sunday, June 06, 2010

Kat Holder Graduation Party

Kat Holder graduates from high school! She also gave one of the valedictory speeches at Heritage Peak Charter School that mother Lisa proudly showed off on video.

As the get-together progressed, I found myself sitting with a group of, I think, mostly eight-year-old kids. We all agreed we liked the Black Eyed Peas, but the kids also suggested that the Jonas Brothers and Nickelback were worth listening to as well.

Several kids, H. in particular, took particular interest in my touch-screen i-Phone: a decided improvement on their Nintendos. They were disappointed at first that I had so few games on the i-Phone, but by taking free rein, they were soon doing what they really wanted to do: take pictures of their friends (see below), download music, and watch Miley Cyrus videos.

I did worry about the ability of eight-year-olds to tell jokes, however....

H.: What did one volcano tell the other volcano?
M.: I don't know; what did one volcano tell the other volcano?
H.: I wuv you!
M.: (?????)

H.: What happened to the peach rolling down the hill?
M.: I don't know; what happened to the peach rolling down the hill?
H.: He ran out of juice!
M.: (?????)

Maybe I was just missing something here.....





No comments:

Post a Comment