Monday, April 12, 2010

Denial Suits The Weather Guy

Last Wednesday, I took heart from the current weather forecasts, which showed the approaching storm digging south, and largely-sparing the Sacramento area from rain. I bet those silly TV weather forecasters would go ahead and forecast rain anyway, though!

On Friday, I was perturbed by reports that rain continued to be forecast for the Sacramento area. Nevertheless, I continued to take solace in the old forecasts, and looked no further into the matter.

Even at 11 a.m. on Sunday, I warmed to the idea about how surprised people would be when hardly any rain fell from the windy, leaden sky.

But that was not to be....

The National Weather Service says that 0.70" has fallen at Sacramento Executive Airport in the last day. At my house, I suspect it's even more than that....

No comments:

Post a Comment