Friday, December 18, 2009

The Sounds Of Silence

When we all ate at Steve Zaintz' Thai Restaurant in Albuquerque last week, I spent most of of my time regaling the New Mexico relatives with California stories.

My nephew took advantage of my distraction by taking my i-Phone and installing a clever little video game called PapiJump, which is apparently popular with him and his friends.

And it is a fun game!

So, I brought it back to California.....

...

E.: MMMMMMAAAAARRRCCC! They aren't nice to me at work! They keep interfering with what I'm doing! They won't leave me alone! I don't have enough time to do my job! yada, yada, yada, yada....

M.: Here, play this game. It's called PapiJump...

(ten minutes later...)

E.: (silent, except for the game's signature squeak, squeak, squeak, squeak....)

(one hour later...)

E.: (squeak, squeak, squeak, squeak....)

(two hours later...)

E.: (squeak, squeak, squeak, squeak....)

...and the only thing that brought the session to an end, about 4:00 a.m., was the exhaustion of the i-Phone's battery....

No comments:

Post a Comment