Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I'm A Wiener!

Apparently I'm a winner of KOVR Channel 13's Round Table Pizza contest featuring amateur videos and photos showing people doing things they enjoy with their friends (or something like that). Karaoke video I shot three months ago of Jetta singing 'Cabaret' will air as part of a commercial (or commercials) on Channel 13 for a two week period (August 14-28) starting as early as this Friday! Since I don't have a TV anymore, this victory means little to me, but I do get a free pizza, and there's no arguing with a free pizza!

Jetta says she's lucky at contests (I used to be lucky at contests - I once correctly guessed that a jar at a Salt Lake City McDonald's contained 656 candies - but those days are long past). She now wants to win the Rock 'n Roll Fantasy Camp contest:
While you're at camp, you get to work with rock superstars and the heaviest set of camp counselors you've ever seen. Get up on stage and jam, form a band, record a single at the world-famous Capitol Records studio, perform live at Whiskey-A-Go-Go on the Sunset Strip and get a professionally produced DVD of your concert. It's five days of nothing but music. There's no better way to live the dream, and Guitar Center is here to help you along the way.
Oh, this sounds great, particularly since I don't play an instrument! Empty out all those seats at Whiskey-A-Go-Go!

Reminds me of the one and only time I played 'Guitar Hero' at a video arcade. I mangled whatever it was I was supposed to do with the guitar. When that happens, the cool animated characters stop what they're doing, scratch their heads, shrug their shoulders and look at each other like 'WTF'? I laughed for a week about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment