Friday, June 19, 2009

Upcoming - "The Sleeping Beauty Ballet" - Applegate Dance Studio



I got a nice invitation in the E-Mail:
Marc,

I offer an invitation to a wonderful ballet performance showing the weekend of June 26th, 27th and 28th. This is one of the two annual performances put on by Applegate Dance Company, directed by Lisa Applegate, a Davis local. This year's Sleeping Beauty ballet includes over 75 performers, some of whom are Davis locals, some professionals. I enthusiastically encourage you to come and see this wonderful performance and possibly write a review on your blog? Showtimes and ticket information are on the attached flyer.

Sincerely,
Dion Wiedenhoefer

Thank you for the invitation!

That would be fun! I've never seen an Applegate show (except, kinda, once, when I stood behind the Vet theater during a recital and watched various groups practice in the parking lot before going onstage).

The only problem is that I'm also performing next weekend, in DMTC's "The Music Man". The only performance I could make would be the first one, and then only if I skip work. I'd have to develop a terrible, debilitating *cough* midday Friday, at least for half an hour, or for however long it takes to get out the door. But since they reduced my hours at work lately, maybe I don't even have to do that.

Looking forward to seeing the show!

Marc

Here's some more information......

Davis High School - Richard Brunelle Theater

The Sleeping Beauty Ballet

Friday June 26th,1:00pm
Friday June 26th, 7:30pm
Saturday June 27th, 7:30pm
Sunday June 28th, 2:30pm

Tickets: Pre-Sale $12, At The Door $14
Tickets Available starting one week in advance of the show at the Davis Nugget Market East Covell Blvd.

Starring Applegate Dance Company's Concert-Premiere Dancer Anna Wilen as Princess Aurora, Ted Keener of the Smuin Ballet as Prince Desire, and professional hip hop dancer "Q" as the Evil Carabosse. A cast of 75 zealous dancers, professional lights, sets and costumes bring to life the classic story! A magical time for all ages! Join us and get caught up in the spell!

No comments:

Post a Comment