Friday, March 28, 2008

Kylie's "X" Album

The madness of being a Kylie fan in the U.S......

Kylie's "X" album was released this week in the U.S., nearly five months after the European release. I patiently waited, of course, peeking occasionally online at the new videos, and lurking in online forums, but basically bided my time. Tonight, I purchased the CD and listened to the album.

Remembering a dictum that I heard from Elton John, in concert in Albuquerque in 1973, that it often takes a while to warm up to new songs, here's my initial impression.

I like "No More Rain" a lot, and "Like A Drug," and maybe "The One," and "Sensitized." The rest doesn't really grab me yet; even the heavily-promoted singles, "Wow," and "2 Hearts."

Of course, with Kylie, for me, the visual presentation is really about 75% of the impact. She is less a musician, than a performer....

No comments:

Post a Comment