Monday, May 14, 2007

Mazal Tov!

From Jason Hammond and Deborah Douglas:
Things have been moving quite fast for me and Deborah since we found our new church at the beginning of the year. On the 9th (one week ago) our pastor discussed with us that while he was in Africa last month, he was praying on a hill and saw the two of us…married. We agreed and he suggested Tuesday. When I picked Deborah up off the ground, she asked for a day to think about it. Now the first day I met her in June, 1989, I declared that I had “met the girl I was going to marry”, so for me…I was ready. For Deborah, who likes control, it took a minute. We decided that we would, we called our families, got our license and made our plans. On Sunday, May 13, 2007, in front of a few family members, Deborah and I finally got married. Interesting fact: I was born on Father’s Day and married on Mother’s Day. Eventually, we will have a reception and invite all of our friends, but we wanted to keep the ceremony small and stress free. We didn’t want anyone canceling plans for a last minute decision, so we decided to let all of you know after the fact. Please feel free to share the news as we don’t have an email for everyone we would like to tell (especially the Sweet Adelines and Theatre Community)

My wife and I thank you for all of your warm wishes, J

Mr. & Mrs. Hammond

PS, Deborah is Deborah (no middle) Douglas, I am Jason Douglas Hammond; we will now both be “Douglas Hammond”!

No comments:

Post a Comment