Thursday, March 15, 2007

Debriefing

Me: Tell me, why are these folks sleeping in the car in the driveway?

Him: I've made lots of money in my lifetime. It came; it went. I just wanted to get away, so I disappeared. I known some people who can cause serious damage. I've known people who throw Hells Angels against the wall. I could see them cleaning their guns, and I knew what was going on, but they cared for me and shielded me from all that. Myself, I'm a peaceful man. The vatos around here, I don't know them. Even the old people will hold you up around here. Love just hurts too much - better to stay single. No matter what, stay honest, because, in the end, that's all you have. That, and your family. Friends come and friends go.

Me: Tell me again, why are these folks sleeping in the car in the driveway?

No comments:

Post a Comment