Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Whatever Became Of Manhua Wonderlands?

Left: Madz, and her innovative latex costume.


Doggone it, leave Brisbane too early, and miss out on the creative stuff, like Karaoke Bedlam! And the realization that you can never have too many breasts. I mean, Ziegfeld recognized that eighty years ago, but every generation has to go about the same discovery process in its own, unique way....

Doggone it, where are those photos of the beautiful Asian women wearing SARS masks? Come on, disease and desire both start with the letter "D"! Just like Rudyard Kipling swooned when he caught glimpses of the eyes of Persian women in chadors in the 19th Century, the SARS masks have the same effect on me today. Don't tell me to ride a frickin' Hong Kong subway. Don't tell me I have to go see my dentist, Dr. Woo (former Miss San Francisco Chinatown 1986) - I stayed up too late recently, subconciously in order to oversleep my appointment, so as to avoid the pain of catching her delightful, masked visage (not so much the pain as the bite on the wallet). Stop teasing me now, because, the Internet is supposed to be all about interconnectivity, and imagery, and the moment, and those spectacular images are just nowhere on the Internet.

Yeah, I know, I know. If you want the beautiful images, you gotta pay the artists....

No comments:

Post a Comment