Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Getting My Names Confused Again

I had marvelled about the discontinuities between the American and Australian pop music universes, and how 'The Veronicas' were big in Australia, but small here, but apparently I had confused the local Sacramento band called 'The Veronicas' (now 'Beyond Veronica') with 'The Veronicas' from Brisbane, Queensland, AU.

It's all so confusing. I have trouble remembering the names of people I see every day, much less rock bands.

But still, it leads one to wonder if a backwater band in Australia could make its way to the big time by spoofing its fan base, and sell lots of music back home by bragging about the huge success of a (barely-existent) American tour.

Ah, probably not. Damn that Internet - knowledge is too-widely dispersed these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment