Monday, April 17, 2006

The New Republic, And Me

The New Republic (TNR) has suffered a precipitous decline in readership, mostly because its Editors refuse to concede that they erred in regard to their support for the Iraq war.

Now, new Chief Editor Franklin Foer, has sent a missive to those of us who cancelled subscriptions, asking us to renew our subscriptions. Here is my reply:
Mr. Foer:

I was a loyal subscriber for a quarter-century. I endured the onslaught of neocon articles out of an interest in enlivening political debate. The ideas TNR promoted are directly implicated in the current Iraq debacle, and the Iran debacle to come. To resume my subscription, when your "murderer's row of journalists and intellectuals" aspires to be murderers would fly in the face of my own experience.

I am not "frustrated" by TNR: I have been betrayed by TNR. TNR MUST be annihilated. You are in league with Satan.

Respectfully,
Marc Valdez

No comments:

Post a Comment