Monday, November 21, 2005

"Charlotte's Web" - DMTC's YPT


Bows Sunday evening at "Charlotte's Web." Foreground, Nora Unkel (Charlotte) and Ed Bianchi (Wilbur). Between them, in the polka dot dress, is Camille Totah (Fern Arable). Immediately to the right of Wilbur is Chris Danti (Templeton), Cass Olson and Lisa Parente (Goose and Gander).

Nice show! I liked the costumes, particularly Nora's many arms (not easily visible here) which underline and emphasize gestures: spiders may thus have an advantage over humans as stage actors. The baby spiders were cute as well. Ed Bianchi was lovable as Wilbur. Camille Totah was excellent, as always.

I got confused regarding what distinguishes the Arables and the Zuckermans from each other: it's been a long, long time since I've read the book.

This is the first time I've seen Chris Danti perform. Something about his performance reminded me of something, and it took awhile to figure out what it was: he reminds me, a little bit, of Marlon Brando. Picture Brando as a lovable but opportunistic rat, constantly looking for food, and that's something like Danti's performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment