Sunday, July 10, 2005

Dennis Smacks Pensacola

I'm glad to hear that everything went well in Tampa, with relatively small problems (I'm hoping they are small problems) in St. Petersburg. I was disappointed that the storm never went as far west as I thought it was going to go, but rather seemed to make a bee line from Havana to Pensacola, swinging west just far enough to avoid causing you too much aggravation. That's hard on Pensacola: getting direct hits from two major hurricanes on two succeeding years.

What was nice this year was that the meteorologists were mostly of one mind about the storm's direction, and just quibbled about details. We didn't have the same tension as with Ivan last year, wondering whether the storm would make an abrupt change of direction with little notice.

My hopes and prayers are with the people near Pensacola. Signing off until the next tropical depression!

No comments:

Post a Comment