Thursday, June 23, 2005

I'm Not a Baby Boomer, Dammit!

(10,001st installment of a long-running disagreement between Friend Gabe, an inexperienced and unworldly young Gen-Xer in his early 30's, and myself):

Gabe cites the Wikipedia on the definition of a Baby Boomer, which purports to show my 1956 birth date as falling squarely within the Baby Boom period (1946 - 1964).

Marc:
I disagree. There is a divide between those born from 1945-1953 (Boomers), and those born from 1954-1960 (Space Age Couch Potatoes).

It's the divide between those whose earliest childhood years were the first to be molded by TV, and the last not to be so molded.
Gabe:
Space Age Couch Potatoes? Where did that term come from? The Marcepedia?
Marc:
I thought about using the term "The New Frontier", but "Space Age Couch Potatoes" is more accurate.

No comments:

Post a Comment