Monday, May 16, 2005

Oh No!

Early reports: Kylie Minogue's "Showgirl" tour is postponed, due to the diagnosis of early breast cancer in the pop star.

What to do now? Should I go to Australia or not? The air ticket is nonrefundable. Presumably the two concert tickets will be honored, at some indefinite time in the future, but it's unlikely I'll be able to attend. Maybe Travel.com will be merciful and let me suspend the reservation until new concert dates are announced.

Part of the equation, of course, is whether Kylie will be able to resume touring soon. I had some kind of premonition that it was important to see her perform now, before much more time passed, while she is in her full glory. I had thought to see her perform in Dublin in April, but decided instead to try Brisbane in June. Perhaps I waited just a touch too long! If I recall, she also left the 'Fever' tour early, so there was a history there of abbreviated tours.

Kylie could well perform for decades more, but her show will inevitably change in nature, and maybe lose its current brilliant lustre. It's sad that I may have been just one month too late to see Kylie in her full glory! Those drugs they use can debilitate even healthy people: it may be too much to expect her to return rapidly to the stage. I guess I should have gone to Ireland in April after all!!!

In any event, I hope my fears are groundless. My prayers are with her in her time of need........

No comments:

Post a Comment