Sunday, May 24, 2009

Taking Inspiration From The Crab

Sally has two acquariums, one of which has a small crab, about the size of a Hershey's Kiss. The crab is endlessly entertaining. He likes to stand atop tall objects in the acquarium, like fronds and shells, and wave his oversized claw at passing fish.

Today, for the first time in at least two years, I climbed atop the very pinnacle of my house, in order to chop off overgrown branches in the tree canopy over my house. I always carry one of those branch cutters atop a pole in order to get to the branches, but today, for the first time, I also carried a chain saw up there, in order to get at even bigger branches.

Two stories above the ground, waving the chainsaw around at passing pigeons, it suddenly struck me that the crab and I had a lot in common....

No comments:

Post a Comment