Friday, May 29, 2009

Stuff's Breakin' Around The House

Last week, I dropped the digital alarm clock on the floor. In response, the clock now races at twice normal speed, so if you set the alarm, it will go off in the evening rather than in the morning.

Last weekend, I rammed a ladder into an exposed outdoor pipe, and so it now gushes water in the middle of the night during sprinkling time. I've reduced the sprinkling time for that zone to one minute, but I can't reduce it to zero, and so now I have a minute-long Old Faithful in the back yard every night.

And yesterday, the pilot light blew out on the hot water heater. It won't stay relit, which means it's probably due for maintenance. It's supposed to get maintained yearly, but I've lived there 14 years and I don't think I've maintained it once in that time, so maybe it's due. So now, when I need to take a cold shower (which is often), I conveniently have no other choice but to take a cold shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment