Wednesday, July 26, 2023

California State Fair - Visit 1 - Midway - 07/25/23


Rachel, Jack (9 years old, going on ten), and I went to the California State Fair at Cal Expo - specifically to the midway.  They tell me I overpaid, buying unlimited rides for the evening, for $40.  Oh well.  Here is a picture of what, for a better name, I'll call the Big Swing.

The familiar monorail.

Jack was keen to ride Turbo first - the most badass ride on the entire midway.  We had recently eaten dinner.  I was hoping I wouldn't puke.  This thing was quite vigorous.  It was invigorating to feel the air rushing past my face.  Jack and I whooped and hollered.

The Ferris Wheel.

We didn't ride the spinning Starship 3000, and that was OK.  Last year, I got somewhat nauseous on this in the bright sunshine and heat.  There's a reason the aliens haven't visited Earth.

Sunset from the Ferris Wheel.

Plume from a distant fire.

Rachel and Jack.

Me and Rachel.

The Big Swing.  Rode this.  Much more sedate than Turbo.

Fireball.  Didn't ride this, and that's OK.

We rode the Scrambler.  I sat on the outside and got squished as a consequence.

The Zipper.  Didn't ride this, and that's OK.

Rode White Water.

The Turbo seemed to go a bit haywire towards the end of the evening.  Hope it's back to good health.

No comments:

Post a Comment