Sunday, July 23, 2023

We're All In This Together

Late at night, after watching “Oppenheimer,” I got on the Capital City Freeway at Exposition Blvd. to head south over the American River bridge towards downtown Sacramento. I discovered the entire freeway was at a standstill. I didn’t know why the traffic was jammed, but brake lights were all you could see. 

After awhile, some people decided to leave the imbroglio by reversing direction and exiting the freeway on the Exposition Blvd. on-ramp. So, I did too. 

As I headed the wrong way up the on-ramp, a semi-trailer barreled head-on towards me, then abruptly stopped. The driver let loose a klaxon of doom, just to inform me that I was in error, doing the sort of thing only drunk drivers do. I pulled up beside him and let him know the freeway was paralyzed, saving him from that particular hell. Cause we’re all in this together.

No comments:

Post a Comment