Sunday, September 27, 2026

Several Limericks

Here are several limericks in honor of things I've seen around Sacramento this week. 

First, I saw a drone hovering over Fair Oaks Blvd. just west of Watt Avenue, for no apparent reason: 

Once there was a drone named Dot 
Floating at Fair Oaks and Watt 
Dot hovered so well 
Above that streetwise hell 
That I stared and thought "That's hot!" 

Second, after nightfall, I was driving on the eastbound Highway 50 to the northbound Capital City Freeway transitional ramp when a large rat crossed hastily: 

I've seen them in the ivy 
Rustling, chittering be 
Rats astound and boss 
But why do they cross? 
The highway for all to see? 

Finally, Jasper and I saw these turkey vultures circling around the Land Park neighborhood, where they often roost. 

Turkey vultures of Land Park 
Roosting in trees before dark 
They circle and sit 
They care not a whit 
For cowed walkers on a lark

No comments:

Post a Comment