Thursday, August 29, 2024

Been Working On

I'm making plans to do a 2025 auto tour of New Mexico with Kris Jones, a film historian who is affiliated with Chattanooga State Community College. Next year will be the 50th anniversary of the filming of one of his all-time favorite movies, Nicholas Roeg's "The Man Who Fell To Earth," starring David Bowie, which was filmed mainly in New Mexico. My experience with "Breaking Bad" filming locations gives me skills that might be helpful in this task, particularly since I remember 1975 quite clearly.  Kris wants to visit as many filming locations as possible, so we are doing the prep work necessary to identify these filming locations. Some of the filming locations are quite difficult to ferret out, but there is some progress. Earlier this week I think I finally located the flying-cookies Santa Fe residence used in the film. (Residences are so hard, sometimes.) So, next year, Albuquerque/Fenton Lake/Los Lunas/Belen/Santa Fe/Madrid/White Sands/Artesia. and more.

I'm continuing work on the follow up to the "Breaking Bad" talk I gave last February, to be titled "The Hopi Influence on Better Call Saul."  I think I'm still supposed to be doing a chapter in a book on religion in "Breaking Bad" (but contact has been thin lately).

I'm not substitute teaching or doing anything to make me more economically viable right now, but that could always change.

No comments:

Post a Comment