Monday, May 06, 2024

"Damn Yankees" - Woodland Opera House - May 4, 2024





























On Saturday, Rachel and I went up to see the Woodland folks do "Damn Yankees" (I did the show myself at DMTC in 2004).  It was fun seeing seeing old friends in the roles (Nathan Lacy as Joe Boyd; Rick Eldredge as Mr. Applegate; Jeff Nauer as Van Buren; Erik Catalan as Eddie; Scott Griffith as Bouley, Omar Ernesto Huerta as Smokey; Jackie Smith-Induni and Alexis Velasquez in the Women's Ensemble) plus new folks too. (I might know Ryan Gordon-Morgan as Rocky - I knew Ryan Gordon in the 90s - plus I know Tomas Eredia as Henry - we are at odds right now, however.)

Erin McGoldrick was great as Lola, and Rich Eldredge was great as Mr. Applegate.

During intermission, I was approached by a man who thought he recognized me.  It was Trevor Hoffman, the Boy Wonder of 2008 at DMTC!  I thought he had vanished, but he had relocated apparently to the Greater Bay Area.  These days he's a major presence at Cinnabar Theater in Petaluma.

Good times!


No comments:

Post a Comment