Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Nostalgic Lurking on the UNM Campus


Did some nostalgic lurking on the UNM campus yesterday evening (Feb. 21st). Here is the dorm room where I spent my 1978-1980 school years. It was an excellent dorm room (but I had better stop lurking lest the current inhabitants become alarmed).











On the green, I noticed a motley group of students with an assortment of shields. Two students were fencing with epees. One student was loudly chastising his mates for failing to grasp some subtle medieval concept he had probably only just read about that afternoon. We didn’t do this when I was younger, but probably should have. In those days, Dungeons and Dragons was still new and the cinematic rattle of coconut shells slapping together was still fresh. Epees weren’t in our budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment