Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Sacramento Proud For Saweetie!

Saweetie's career is really beginning to soar! Wow! She went to high school in Elk Grove, and has lots of local contacts:
Before delivering her first album, Saweetie gave fans a taste of what's to come with her Pretty Summer Playlist: Season 1 EP, which dropped April 16. The seven-song appetizer also serves as Saweetie's way of putting people onto up-and-coming rappers, including Atlanta-based MC and fellow Warner Records signee Loui featured on "Talkin Bout," a nostalgia-inducing party starter that samples Cali Swag District’s "Teach Me How to Dougie" and Kstylis' "Booty Me Down." Saweetie promises Pretty B*tch Music will be out in the summer before her 28th birthday, on July 2, during cancer season ("What's your sign? [What it is?], I'm a cancer [That's right]," she raps on "Talkin Bout"). 
"I'm just really excited. I feel like there's just so much growth. I've been putting in a lot of work in quarantine. So, honestly, I feel like everybody else -- I can't wait to get outside," she muses.
I find Saweetie's bougie sound to be seriously disturbing. Mesmerizing, but really hard on the guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment