Wednesday, March 27, 2019

"Us"

Saw Jordan Peele's "Us" last night. Excellent work! Loved it! (Makes me worried about going down to Santa Cruz, though.)

It's also fun to watch the theater audience when his movies are playing - in general, a pretty young audience. I saw both Jordan Peele's horror films in theaters with large, plush, reclining theater seats.

When I saw "Get Out," I noticed how many people in the audience were texting their reactions on their cell phones - a form of live-blogging. Normally, I get incensed when people text during movies - what, with all the cell phone screens alit - but texting seemed an entirely natural thing to do - almost integral to the show. For "Us," I was surprised when a teenage girl joined another teenage girl in the seat next to me. They both curled up together for mutual support against the horror. The theater seats are so large these days, mostly to seat their voluminous elders, that teenagers can comfortably do that.

Interesting article on the costumes.

No comments:

Post a Comment