Tuesday, February 23, 2010

King For A Day

Today is the day my dentist wanted to give me a Temporary Crown! So, I am now Emperor of Lavender Heights!

Apparently they need to 'send out' for impressions (Why not take a poll today of the ignorant rabble in the Fort Sutter neighborhood? Am I not sufficiently-impressive to my subjects?), so I won't receive the Permanent Crown until March 15th.

As the dentists dismantled my mouth I watched the television helpfully located above me, on the ceiling. The Chinese and American women's curling teams at the Vancouver Winter Olympics were engaged in intense competition. With all the drilling I couldn't hear what was going on, and I have no idea what the rules of curling are, and I never saw the conclusion, but it was fun to watch the team's laser-like focus and hear them shout at the gliding stones.

No comments:

Post a Comment