Thursday, February 25, 2010

Funding The Terrorists, I Suppose

This morning, before I awoke, the Golden One Credit Union and VISA both urgently tried to reach me by telephone. I called Golden One back.

This morning, some folks at UNT Oma Dabali (phonetic transcription) in Saudi Arabia tried to lift $453.00 from my checking account using my VISA debit/ATM card. I was very much surprised by this, since, in another effort to get ahead of card-swiping scammers, the card was replaced by Golden One only last month. I just haven't had time to use the new card in many businesses yet. Still, the number got swiped, somehow.

Gabe says I'm the fourth person of his acquaintance to mention to him recently that a card number was swiped by Saudis. Apparently someone over there has got a booming business going.

I should go through my receipts. Let's see, the Hamas Gift Shoppe, the Al Qaeda Pottery Barn, Death-to-America cosmetics, etc., ......

No comments:

Post a Comment