Sunday, August 23, 2026

The Dude Just Showed Up

{Introduction: This post gathered more comments - more heated comments in the right-wing sphere - BY FAR, than any Facebook post I've ever posted. I probably deleted a thousand comments, but there were still about four thousand comments to go, until I pulled the plug on them.  Such asses they are!] 

Tonight (August 20, 2026), this dude showed up at the anti-ICE protest at the John Moss Federal Building in Sacramento. I can’t decide whether this dude is the most-pernicious kind of right-wing troll or maybe an unusually-naive right-winger. Who knows, maybe both? 

This dude seemed to think he could quietly protest on behalf of ICE in smug serenity across the street from the anti-ICE protest without significant challenge. Not going to happen! Said he was a 21-year-old Hispanic. Just sad. Show some pride, dude! 

Those of us on the left -all liberals, in general - are famous for our tolerance, but in a post-Renee-Good/Alex-Pretti world, that’s gone. We treated the dude as a hostile party, as we needed to. This isn’t debate club. On the street, the rules of the street apply. We would have talked more amiably with him if he had shown a bit less complacent hostility with his protest, but nope! 

Dude talked about reappearing at the Howe at Arden protest. Sigh. Like we have anything more to discuss. Maybe I’ll tolerate him there if he carries my signs. Otherwise, talk to the hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment