Friday, August 09, 2024

Cutting The Big Branch - August 8, 2024


Before.  I recall the late 90s, when this oak tree was growing like a weed.  I knew there would a cost from this tree branch eventually.  The branch leaned over and arced over the roof.  I thought it would eventually come in contact with the house as it bent over from the rapidly-growing weight, but the branch also grew upwards, so it never quite came in contact with the house.  Oak trees are very sturdy, and the branch didn't collapse as other, more-brittle tree branches did from the other tree growing next door did.  Still, I was uneasy.  That's tons of wood over the house!

Before.  Tons of wood above me.  I got in contact with this tree person via the husband of an actress with whom I had been on stage back in 2012.  A team of four people came out.  Three of them entered the back yard at the same time Jasper did, and I worried Jasper might nip them, but I was also holding Jasper's leash.  Jasper was so enthralled by the idea of taking a walk that he completely-ignored the presence of three total strangers in the back yard.  Amazing, that dog's focus!

The Wood Chipper.  I'm thinking of the movie "Fargo."

The Wood Chipper in action.

Dismantling the big branch.  The workers are tromping all over the roof.  I hope there isn't too much damage up there.  I need to replace the roof, but that won't happen before the next rainy season.

Lots and lots of wood!

After. Tons of wood, gone!

After.

No comments:

Post a Comment