Monday, August 07, 2023

Missed Tony Ashby's Memorial Service


Gabe passed on the photos of the memorial service at the Buchanan Century Farm/Tyee Winery in Oregon for Tony Ashby on July 27th.  A reunion of Sierra Research hands!
At our breakfast on July 13th at Cafe Dantorel, Dave Deckman and Dan Welch invited to me to accompany them in their vehicle, but I turned them down, since I thought I had dogsitting to do.  It turned out I didn't have dogsitting after all, but truth was, I couldn't afford it, with all the impending car repair.  Too bad.  
  

Tony Ashby was the greatest guy.  He spent part of his childhood in Grants, NM, and attended the University of New Mexico in the early 60s. He was funny, and smart, and thoughtful.  May we all follow his example!

No comments:

Post a Comment