Saturday, December 31, 2022

A Tribute to Bobby Foster Road

 

 John E-Mailed with this:
Bobby Foster Road. I've never heard of it but an amazing number of scenes have been filmed there.
I replied:
Oh, this is quite good! The fellow here is very proud of a “Better Call Saul” Season 5 scene he was in. I happened to be at Tractor Brewing Co. in ABQ when the scene aired, and the fellow was there too, so I was able to congratulate him in person.
The fellow also identifies several new films I haven’t heard of. I looked closely at ABQ films in 2018-19, but newer films have come out since then, and he names them.
Yes, Bobby Foster Road is just a short distance from Q Studios, and it’s not quite a public road either, with gates that can be closed to limit traffic anytime one desires, so it’s the filmmakers’ cheapest, go-to road for desert scenes. Dozens more films and TV shows have used that stretch of road. Probably TV commercials too. Every one has been there, at least virtually. 
Bobby Foster was a reasonably well-known boxer, most-famous for getting his ass kicked by Joe Frazier back in the day. I don’t think Bobby Foster spent any time on Bobby Foster Road, however.

No comments:

Post a Comment