Monday, March 21, 2011

ELO - I'm Alive



On Facebook, Giorgio posted a provocative quote from Mike:
"Xanadu: I could eat a bowl of Alpha-Bits and crap out a better play."
Well, like I say, "Xanadu" is too advanced for most mortals to comprehend properly. As a play, it seems deficient, but for dancers it's wonderful!

When I think "Xanadu", all I can think is Sandahl Bergman, the best dancer on Broadway in the late 70's! I think she's Muse #4 here, but Bob Fosse featured her better in "All That Jazz". I should get out my "Xanadu" DVD and check (the resolution is better on DVD).

As I've written, I think "Xanadu" had an outsized influence on Kylie Minogue, and indeed, an outsized influence on pop culture in general.

If it wasn't for Alpha-Bits, I don't think I could keep regular....

No comments:

Post a Comment