Friday, October 22, 2010

Latinos Responsible For Brown's Sudden Polling Surge

Interesting:
In the first major nonpartisan survey since a series of statewide televised debates and revelations of Whitman's hiring and firing of an undocumented Mexican immigrant maid, Brown has 44 percent of likely voters to 36 percent for Whitman, with 16 percent undecided and other candidates drawing 4 percent, the poll showed.

That marks a significant shift in the race after months of being virtually tied. The last poll by the organization, in September, showed Whitman leading Brown 38 to 37 percent. The new poll of 2,002 adults was taken Oct. 10-17, a period that included the candidates' third debate. The overall margin of error is plus or minus 3.1 percentage points.
Who is responsible for Jerry Brown's sudden lead? Inquiring minds want to know! So I went to the PPIC reports....

I couldn't find the exact chart I wanted in this report, so I made my own chart, based on the report's data, and data from the two previous PPIC reports. Just three polling periods (July, September, October).

This chart shows Brown and Whitman support (in units of percent), first amongst the general electorate, and then amongst Latinos.

I told you, Meg! You should have told Nicky Diaz something other than:
"From now on you don't know me, and I don't know you. You never have seen me and I have never seen you. Do you understand me?"

No comments:

Post a Comment